Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2016

FREE Lego Valentine printable

Pin It
I have to start out by saying I am kind of proud of myself for getting this posted BEFORE the holiday!
Yay!
For the last two years my son has taken a Star Wars themed Valentine to school.
It says 'Yoda Best' and it has Yoda holding a light saber, which is where you put a glow stick, (you can check that FREE printable out here).
Back then when we discussed him taking Valentines to school it basically came down to it being 'boy approved'.
At his school they don't write the name of each person receiving the Valentine, only who it's from, so he wanted something that would apply to everyone.
When we were discussing the Valentines he would take this year it was the same story.
He didn't want to do Star Wars again though, he wanted to try a new theme.
A grocery store near us has a bulk candy section and they have these candy Lego bricks.
My son loves them. so he decided he wanted to give those out with a little Lego saying.
This is what we came up with.
Pretty 'boy approved' if you ask me ;)
He was really excited with how it turned out, and that was good enough for me!
To put these Valentines together we first printed out the printable.
I created these so that you can just print them on a regular 8x11 paper.
There are 15 Valentines on each page, so we printed 2 pages.

 I then had my son cut out the amount we needed (he has to take 24 to school), and I had him write 'From' and his name on each one.
Here is the 'Lego' brick candy.
 We bought 1 lb of candy from the bulk candy section. I think it was only $2.60/lb, and it was the perfect amount for what we needed.
 After counting and sorting it into piles, which is a great math activity by the way ;), we made little bags.
I thought I had leftover cellophane wrap from Christmas but I didn't, so we just improvised.
We ended up just using regular plastic wrap.
We cut a little section of the plastic wrap, placed the candy in the middle, and attached the note with a piece of ribbon that also closed up the wrap to make it look like a little 'bag'.
And that was it.
 All 24 ready to go to school with my son next week!
For some reason the printable looks weird at first when you open it, you need to follow these instructions to have it look right on the paper:
-First, click here to get to the printable
-Another screen will open and show you the printable, but they will look overlapped
-Click the download icon and it will open it for you in Microsoft Word
-Click the 'enable editing' button at the top and then it will look right. There will be 15 Valentines on each page. From there just click print and you're good to go!

If you have any questions let me know! 

6 comments:

  1. I first saw and ate the lego candy last weekend. Pretty fifty Valentine class treats and printable. Pinning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute! Definitely something my kids would appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing at the Tips and Tricks Link Party.

    Cassie @ Southeast by Midwest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...