Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

No-bake Chocolate Cookies

Pin It
These are one of my husband's favorite cookies.
I had actually never had these cookies until one day my son and I were baking and my husband requested some.
I searched Pinterest and found a recipe.
These are so easy to make!
I have made these no-bake cookies for baby blessings, family get-togethers, and holidays.
I love that I can make them in advance and they stay delicious!
Since these cookies are also gluten-free, it's nice to have them for those who won't be able to eat other desserts.
I've got some pictures below to show you the process, the ingredients and detailed directions are at the bottom of the post.
You'll start off by heating butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder in a pot over medium heat.
 Let it boil for about 30 seconds - 1 minute
 Add oats, peanut butter, and vanilla.
 Stir everything together, 
 and drop on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
 I can usually get about 40 cookies with this recipe.
You can make the cookies bigger or smaller.
After they cool and are completely set, enjoy!
Total time:
About 15-20 minutes to make
About an hour to set (you can place them in the refrigerator to speed up the process)

Ingredients
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1 3/4 c. white sugar
a little more than 1/2 c. milk
4 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. oats (I use the old fashioned oats)
2 tsp. vanilla

In a saucepan over medium heat bring butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder to a boil.
Boil for about 1 min. stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and add peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.
Stir it all together.
Using a spoon, drop mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Let cool until set.
(I sometimes stick them in the refrigerator if I need them to harden faster).
And that's it!

3 comments:

  1. These biscuits looks perfect and I can bet that they are absolutely delicious. Looks very easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
    Carpet cleaning Eltham

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE no-bake chocolate and peanut butter cookies! Thanks for sharing this recipe - I think my recipe card is all tattered and torn so I need to make a new one. I'll write this one down to use the next time we make a batch of our favorite cookies. Stopping by from the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop - hope to catch up with you again next week! Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...