Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

12 weeks

Pin It
Hi everyone!
I'm back with the pregnancy tracker :)
and I've got a bump!!!
So, I had an ultrasound appointment yesterday to check the growth of the baby.
(If you are new to the blog, a couple of weeks ago I went in for an appointment. 
I should have been 9 weeks along, but the baby was only measuring at 7 weeks.
The doctor decided to have me come back for another ultrasound to double-check everything).
So, going off of the 'new' calculations, I should have been 11 weeks yesterday.
Well, the baby was measuring at 12 weeks.
The doctor said the baby was probably just curled up in a weird position last time.
Yeah, this little guy is already giving us a hard time!! :)
With the new measurements, my new due date is August 21, 2013.

Stats:
Weight gain: I've now gained 2 pounds total
Any sickness? Nope, I'm feeling great. I accredit to all the sunshine we've been getting!
I can't feel all yucky when I'm able to feel that warmth on my face and get some fresh air!!
Discomfort? I officially can't sleep flat on my stomach anymore :(
This is a hard thing for me.
That's how I get comfy.
(Back when I found out I was pregnant with my son, I started 'training' myself to sleep on my side just so I would be used to it later on in my pregnancy.
Well, when I found out I was pregnant this time, I started my 'sleep training' all over again, but I haven't been as consistent with it, so it's taken a bit longer for me to get used to it).
Maternity clothes: Nope! But I do have a couple pairs of  jeans that I sometimes need to unbutton while I'm sitting.
Stretch marks? Nope! I didn't get any with my previous pregnancy, but just as a precaution, I am putting lotion on my belly every day :)
Events: Well since we got to have our extra ultrasound yesterday,
I took my son with me to the appointment and we got to hear the heartbeat again.
We also got to see the baby moving around, a lot!
It was really cool, because you don't normally get an ultrasound until around 17 weeks or later, and the baby is bigger by then, so they are usually more curled up.
Since our little one is earlier on we got to see little legs stretch out, and arms move around, and little hands fold over the tummy.
It was beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! Isn't it funny when we are pregnant we are so proud of that belly but when we are not...we can't suck it in enough for a picture!!! :)

    Happy you are doing so well!

    ~ Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's true, I was trying to stick it out a little more so it looks more like a pregnant belly :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...