Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

9 weeks

Pin It
I'm 9 weeks along everyone!
(Well at least we think...maybe not though..I'll explain in a moment).
I hope to get some crafty/DIY posts up this next coming week, I honestly don't know where all my time has gone...
Anyways,
Stats
Weight gain/loss: Still just the 1 pound.
Any sickness? Not really. I am still pretty tired, and I feel nauseated every so often, but nothing that keeps me down!
I must say being pregnant with my first was so much easier!
Even though I was working full-time while pregnant with him, I could still go home after work and take a nap whenever I wanted, and sleep in on my days off.
Not so much now :) It's all good though. I must say to all you moms out there who have more than one child and you're pregnant,
YOU AMAZE ME!
Events: We FINALLY got to hear the baby's heartbeat!
We had our appointment last Friday, and I took my son with me again. I'm so glad I decided to switch doctors, we LOVE the new one, he is awesome!
My son loved hearing the heartbeat :)
So here's the thing. According to ovulation and everything I'm right at 9 weeks and 2 days.
According to the ultrasound the baby is only measuring at 7 weeks and 2 days, which means I'm most likely only 7 weeks and 2 days along.
The doctor doesn't want to change my due date yet, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen...I've got another appointment in three weeks to check the growth and see how everything looks, so we'll go from there.
Other than that the baby looks great, and has a very strong, fast heartbeat.
(The doctor said according to an old-wives tale, a faster heartbeat means a girl.
We're still pretty sure we're getting a boy, so we'll see).
Since we're not exactly sure now how far along I am, this will be the last pregnancy update until I have my next appointment. That way I can see where we are at.

*Just a tip for you, make sure you find a doctor YOU like.
Make sure you find someone who will address your concerns and listen.
The previous doctor I saw doesn't do any ultrasounds until about 17 weeks, (which is totally fine, you don't need an ultrasound right away), but I am glad I switched because now we know I'm not as far along as we thought. I know it's not that big of a deal, but I like knowing as much info as I can.

13 comments:

  1. aww, congrats! Hearing the heartbeat was an amazing thing for me. I hate how my doctor didn't do an ultrasound until 20 weeks! But we paid to do the 3d one at 14 weeks and it was amazing:) I actually found out this week from my Ultrasound that I'm FURTHER along that what I originally thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my first they wouldn't do the ultrasound to tell us the gender until 20 weeks, but we couldn't wait either, we paid to have it done at 17 :).
      I'm sure being a little further along is a nice surpsrise!

      Delete
  2. Congrats the pregnancy, pretty lady! Found you from the Peacoats and Plaid blog hop, and I'm your newest fan//follower. I'd love for you to stop by and follow back. Looking forward to updates. Happy Monday!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, so happy the little one got to hear the heartbeat. I would have given anything to see his beautiful face listening in! What a great experience. So....girl maybe, huh...:-)
    Glad you are feeling okay most of the time! Love the update board and you are looking as fabulous as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so fun to have him there at the appointment with me :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear about your pregnancy and follow all the updates. A baby is such a blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!
    I was just reminiscing about my daughter, she turns three next week. And I am still on the fence about doing it again. I hope you have a wonderful experience and a blessed pregnancy.

    Found your blog from Find a Friend Friday Linking Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always thought I would want my children closer to one another, but I'm really glad we decided to wait as long as we did. It definitely gave us a lot of one on one special time with our son, and he's now ready for the new little one to come as well :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations!!! How exciting!!! I have 5 so I know exactly how it is being pregnant AND taking care of little ones! Good luck!!!

    I found your blog through the Find a Friend Linky Party and I am now a new follower! :D

    http://stacysewsandschools.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! Very exciting year ahead for you, lady! :) New follower here from FaFF blog hop!

    Amy @ Clippie Dips

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting :)


    Followed you from the blog hop!

    Leenie
    www.undecidedmamas.com
    Check us out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...