Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

Felt pumpkin activity

Pin It
You might remember in my post the other day, my son and I made Halloween paper plate crafts to decorate our house, and my son came up with the creative idea to make the witch's hat out of felt...
well, if you don't remember, that's what happened :)
Anyways, I saw this felt pumpkin idea over at 
I decided, since we had the felt out, and the paper plates were drying,
that we should give this craft a try as well.

Supplies
orange felt
black felt
scissors

I first cut out two orange circles for the pumpkin body.  I wanted to do two so my son could mix and match faces.
I then cut out different shapes for the eyes, nose, and mouths.
 Let the fun begin!
 I had cut out that squiggly line for a mouth, but when I looked over I realized my son was using it for a mustache.  I hadn't even thought of that.  Cute huh?
 Another one of his creative moments, this one (below) is a super hero pumpkin.  You can't see it too well in the picture, but on top of that half circle are two small circles.  My son said that was the super hero mask :)  Again with the mustache...
 My son then asked me to cut out angry eyebrows, and sunglasses. 
It was so fun to see his little imagination and creativeness come to life!
I loved how quick and easy this was to put together for him.

This post was featured at:


Sumo's Sweet Stuff

19 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!! I will try this this weekend with my kids!! They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I imagine you can see a kid's personality by the faces he/she puts together. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a fun Halloween craft/activity! Thanks for sharing on Boo! Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, it will be perfect to make with my preschooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Marvelous Mondays link up - love your post!
    I'd love for you to add this to the Pumpkin Patch Hop, too!
    http://www.jugglingactmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/pumpkin-patch-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that I'm following you! What a great idea, my daughter will love this.

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love projects with felt! I recently made my kids a felt board and they love it! I need to pick up some orange felt now so i can do this too!

    Stopping by and following along from the hop!

    Stop by sometime. :)

    http://www.ashley-mommyaworkinprogress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Mommy Brain Mixer.

    What a great idea! I did something similar once when a bunch of preschoolers got together, but we used construction paper. The felt is definitely the way to go. Love it!

    Anyway, it’s nice to “meet” you! Hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you on the mommy brain mixer this week! Following and commenting from http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/
    I hope you'll come check me out and do the same. Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter would have so much fun with this!

    New follower from Mommy Brain Mixer. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can :)

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice because it keeps little hands busy for a while :)
      I like your page through Facebook already, but I'll come over and follow through GFC as well :)

      Delete
  11. So much fun! I love open ended creativity. Thanks for linking up to The Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea; my girls would love this! Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring you on my blog tomorrow!

    http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO fun! We LOVE felt! We made a scarecrow this year like this! I love that he asked you to cut out angry eyebrows! Too cute! Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...