Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

DIY Stamps

Pin It
After seeing this idea a while ago on Pinterest, I finally got around to trying it out for myself.
I have to say, this makes my crafty little self very happy!
The possibilities are endless!
To get started you will need:
milk or juice lids
hot glue gun
scissors
an ink pad or paint
foam sheets (I got a 32 pack for $1 from the Dollar Store)

Now let your imagination run wild!  
All you do is cut out the picture/shape from the foam sheet, glue it onto the milk/juice lid and let it dry. 
Once it's dry, stamp away!  
I love this because the sky is the limit, it was fun asking my son what shapes he wanted and seeing what he came up with.
Over the last couple of months we've gradually collected more lids and just added to our collection.
We started collecting lids from the Simply Orange Juice bottles, those ones are BIG.  We've added a sun, a car, a house, a pumpkin, an arrow, a smiley face, a flower, a lightning bolt, a stick figure 'daddy' and 'big boy', and a stick figure 'mommy'.  I know they look so messy, they've just been used a lot, and as you can see we started using paint on the stamps as well.
Hope you enjoy!

Idea adapted from Vanessa's Values.  

1 comment:

  1. they look absolutely amazing. i genuinly admire your blog as you seem like an honest person with your work and there is no pretense so we can relate. i would love to read more from you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...